Hypnosis for Stress, Anxiety and Pain – Things You Must Know
Consulting Hypnotists frequently use hypnosis to help alleviate and reduce stress, anxiety and pain issues. There is not a person in the world that has not experienced any one of these issues at some point in their lives – its learning how to manage it that can be the tricky part. Hypnosis will help.
There is good stress and bad stress. The good stress is like the feeling that overwhelms you when you get that promotion you worked so hard for, or waiting in the delivery room for the arrival of your new baby. Good stress can be beneficial in that it helps you meet daily challenges and motivate you to reach your goals.
Bad stress is when you are constantly faced with challenges and there is no relief to that stress or you are unable to relax. Emotional stress that hangs around for week or even months can weaken the immune system and cause fatigue, high blood pressure, anxiety, depression, physical pain and even heart disease.
In the high pressure world we live in we often take relaxation and rest for granted. Few people take the time to unwind and rest which can lead to more stress on our bodies and our minds.
Consider the following signs of too much stress:
It can sometimes be difficult to tell if you’re experiencing good or bad stress, but there are important ways your body will let you know you’re struggling with too much stress. Watch out for these warning signs:
- Inability to concentrate or complete tasks
- Body aches
- Trouble falling asleep or staying awake
- More angry or anxious than usual
- Get sick more often with colds
- Illnesses like autoimmune diseases flare up
- Changes in appetite
How Hypnosis Helps with Stress and Anxiety
At Four Truth Wellness, we can help you learn how to relax so that you reduce stress and tension as well as anxiety and/or pain. Additionally, we will teach you Self Hypnosis and Cognitive Behaviour Therapy techniques so that you are able to relieve the stress whenever and wherever you need to.
We all are faced with stress everyday, but our problems with stress may stem from something else; things that have happened to us in the past that we haven’t dealt with or let go of. These have an impact on us still and can affect issues that we face today.
Regardless of what our triggers are, it is our mind that tells our body how it will respond to those triggers. If our mind interprets a situation as being stressful it will tell our body that we are in a stressful situation and our body will react accordingly.
Stress is created by your thoughts and anticipation of what your mind believes will happen next. Hypnosis for stress and anxiety helps your subconscious mind perceive situations differently, which will reduce stress and make you feel better, healthier, happier.
Fears and Phobias
Stress, anxiety, fears and phobias often directly correlate. For some people fears and phobias can lead to debilitating anxiety. Whether you’ve been suffering from a phobia your entire life, or experiencing anxiety only recently, you can learn to control your thoughts and change your feelings in just a few sessions of Hypnosis at Four Truth Wellness.
No matter how long you’ve had your fear, you can lose it very quickly. Whether you’ve been suffering from a phobia your entire life, or experiencing anxiety only recently, you can learn to control your thoughts and change your feelings in just a few sessions of Hypnosis at Four Truth Wellness.
Common fears and phobias that Hypnosis can help alleviate:
- Panic Attacks;
- Fear of Flying;
- Public Speaking Anxiety;
- Fear of Spiders, Snakes,
- Dogs, Birds, etc;
- and more.
Hypnosis also helps with stress related issues like:
- Clenching Teeth;
- Nail Biting;
- Hair Pulling/Skin Picking;
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome;
- Obsessive Compulsive Symptoms;
- and more.
Hypnosis for Pain Management
Acute or recent pain is an important and useful function – it warns that damage is being done to your body. However, when pain becomes chronic and continues long after it has done its job of giving warning and when the physical issue has been medically treated the damage has been done! This is where Hypnosis comes in.
Hypnosis is a relaxed state of attentive concentration that allows your conscious, critical mind to rest temporarily so that your subconscious mind can be receptive to positive thoughts that help you to feel comfortable.
Hypnosis is also an excellent focusing mechanism – helping you to focus away from discomfort and to re-focus on comfort.
Hypnosis for pain control works in several ways:
- When you are deeply relaxed, you will filter out uncomfortable sensations and tune into the experience of other more comfortable sensations.
- When you are deeply relaxed in hypnosis, you will not be uncomfortable. That is because relaxation is the opposite of discomfort.
- Hypnosis is a state of relaxed easy concentration, your imagination is working, and it is focused. Your Subconscious Mind or Inner Mind, is responsive to acceptable suggestions to reduce physical pain.
- When you are deeply relaxed and comfortable, you are not angry, anxious, scared, guilty or depressed. In this way Hypnosis reduces in some cases the associated emotional impact of chronic pain.
The benefits of using Hypnosis for pain relief include:
- Building inner strength.
- Relieving tension and stress.
- Strengthening your coping skills.
- Sharpening your mind.
- Helping you use your creative imagination to get comfortable and get out of pain.
- Helping you resolve inner conflicts and thus, reduce stress, tension and pain.
- Teaching you methods to distract and distance yourself from the pain.
- Teaching you ways to alter and transform the pain sensations.
- Helping you reduce the “suffering component” of having chronic pain.
Some pain may be inevitable, but suffering is optional. Free yourself from pain now.
Rebecca Ridsdale, CH will contact you by phone or email within two business days to confirm your appointment.
All of my services are for educational and self-improvement purposes only. Hypnosis is not the practice of medicine or psychotherapy and is, therefore, not offered as a replacement for counselling, psychotherapy, psychiatric or medical treatment. When dealing with physical and/or mental illness or disease, always consult a qualified physician or therapist. Statements and products offered on this website are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease or illness.